Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday: Getting Stuef-ed

This blog at the moment is a sort of diary; I haven’t told anyone about it. But for posterity, I should at least explain “getting Stuef-ed.” The Stuefs, John & Maria, are our trainers. David and I started with them several months ago – April, maybe. Three days a week, we get a dose of Stuefs. It’s good for us.

Our workout tonight was a lot of TRX. TRX is a crazy complicated system of nylon bands that magically attach to a door or tree and on which you can do a myriad of exercises using your body weight as resistance. Meaning, for someone with curves, you’re lifting more weight because you’re lifting your body. I particularly enjoy push-ups and squats on the TRX as opposed to the traditional versions. I hate lunges on it, but then I just hate lunges across the board. I also dislike any of the exercises that make me feel like I’m at the gynecologist with feet in stir-ups. Ah, the things one does for fitness.

For the curious, a TRX workout video. Note, we have neither the looks nor the affinity for bad music as the people in the video.

No comments: