Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday: Getting Stuef-ed

7:30AM Sunday comes freaking early. Really, what are we thinking working out at that hour on a weekend?! It happened nonetheless.

The H-word popped up in the workout today. John said, “Veronica, your husband is SO strong.” And I rolled my eyes even though in some 18th century way, it seems like I should swoon at his strength. I smiled to myself and knowing that later I'd tease him: “Hercules, Hercules” with little claps a la “The Nutty Professor.” David saw me and knew just what I was thinking. Tee hee. I didn’t even have to tease. But really, he deserves it; he is such a trainer’s pet.

Beyond David’s magnificent perfection at working out, our time with John was tough but good. He said that if we keep running and doing the strength training with him, I should definitely see a change on the scale. I’m a bit doubtful. I’ve heard that before and gotten my hopes up and I’m not making the same mistake again. So I’ll keep doing both because it’s good for my health and even though I whine about it, I don’t hate it.

No comments: