Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Challenge

Having trainers is a great way to be accountable for meeting fitness goals. John and Maria ask us: “Have you been running?” And being a good Catholic girl, I’d feel awful if I lied. So I tell the truth. These days I can smile, jump up and down (if I’m not too sore) and say “Yes, yes, I’m running.”

But it helps to have back-up. Watch any cop shop. Back up is a must. That’s where the good folks at elasticwaist.com (one of my fave blogs at the moment) come in. They are connecting folks to fulfill the Breast Cancer Awareness Fitness Challenge. It’s a simple yet genius concept of a group spreadsheet (oh so easy in Google these days) where an assorted group of random folks log exercise and hold each other accountable (in a pleasant, I don’t want to be the only one not exercising way). It’s a great way to get a kick in the pants and to feel like we’re all in it together.

No comments: